Monday, June 24, 2013

I think I speak for all woman-kind when I say...

Sandra Bullock. I've got a bone to pick with you. You're setting the bar wayyy too high here. If I don't look anywhere near as good as you when I'm 23, how in the hell can I be expected to look that good at 48

Answer - I can't. Now please excuse me while I drown my sorrows in a bag of chocolate covered pretzels.


But really this is just unacceptable. We shouldn't even allow her to leave her house looking like that. 

I decided that instead of risking an almost certain heat stroke running in 98 degree weather after work, I'd get my lazy butt out of bed to knock out a quickie run out on the trails at 6am. In the most surprising turn of Monday events, I woke up with lots of unexplained extra energy. I know, I am as surprised as you are.



PLUS, I finally got to bust out my awesome birthday present from my sweet friend Emily.

Is that not the greatest shirt you've ever seen? You're jealous, I know.
It was a great little run to jump start the work week. I mean, watching the sun rise while rockin' out to Beyonce? UM, yeah, that's my happy place.


 So, every single time I go to Trader Joe's I have,to buy at least one thing I haven't tried yet. It's a rule. Usually it ends up being more like 72 things I haven't tried yet, but you get the point. Anyways, yesterday I snagged this box of steel cut oatmeal and after my run I decided to give it a try.


 The oatmeal comes in little frozen blocks and you just heat them up for a few minutes in the microwave and voila, good to go. It was actually quite a bit of oatmeal, definitely a bigger serving than you get from an instant pack of oatmeal. I loved the texture, and sprinkled a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon on top. If I hadn't been in such a rush, I would have cut up some banana and thrown it on top. That would have been delicious. 


I am really getting serious about starting up my own Iphone food photography business on the side. 
Tell me what you think of this:

"Scrum-diddly-umptious Photography - capturing all of your precious meal time moments."

No?? Fine. I'll keep working on it.

On a more positive note, I'm really glad to see the word is spreading quickly about the awesomeness that is the new Miley Cyrus music video. Awareness is key, people. 


I have had a ridiculous appetite lately, and after munching on pretty much anything I could get my hands on at work, I came home and demolished an entire squash, zucchini, and red potato. But only after enjoying a chocolate brownie Cliff Bar - as an appetizer. 


Since I got my cardio out of the way this morning, I made a little time for my first #plankaday (yes, I do realize that I am 24 days late on that challenge)...


...and a hilarious 8 minute arms video that left my entire upper body feeling like jello. 
 

And now I am approximately one episode of HIMYM away from my bed time. This Monday = success.

LOVE&HUGS,

Nat 

4 comments:

  1. Few random thoughts-
    1. Sandra: hot. she rocks.
    2. I love your shirt.
    3. That plank is awesome and who cares if you're 482 days late ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about Sandra. Absolutely ridiculous. And your shirt is awesome. I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shirt! Is it underarmour?! I love it! :) I hope I find one here! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. jealous...I hate reading all these blogs where everyone is going on about the latest awesome thing they bought at trader joe's...being Canadian sometimes has it's downfalls ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...