Sunday, April 13, 2014

One dozen days.

I've been MIA the past ten days, because life right now is crazy crazy crazy. I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be getting any sleep until after April 25th.
 
 
It kind of feels like I woke up one day and Spring had arrived. And you know what's fantastic about Spring? Well lots of things, but for starters, PERFECT WEATHER RUNS.
 
 

I'd be lying if I said running has been on the forefront of my mind lately, but I did get in a quick run with Taylor, a hill run on Wednesday, and a Saturday morning run with friends. Not terribly shabby.

 
The theme in my kitchen this week was quesadillas.
 

Tuesday night dinner was a medley of onions, peppers, black beans, corn, shredded chicken, and lots of cheese, salsa and guac for Taylor and I.


Wednesday night my old roomie (insert sad face here) came over to check out the new place and to let me talk her ear off about life in general and I decided to make pizza quesadillas in her honor. Partially because she's obsessed with pizza, and partially because I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen. It's a win-win for everybody.

 
Outside of my kitchen, the theme was fast food. And lots of it. Wednesday morning Tay and I went to pick up our marriage license (UM HOLY CRAP) and celebrated with Whataburger taquitos, as per usual.
 
 
 
Thursday morning Bryn and I decided it was time to hit up TB for breakfast. I ordered the waffle taco. It was pretty good, but it goes without saying my unrealistically high expectations set me up for slight disappointment. My fault. The cinnabon bites, however, were spectacular.

 
 
Work this week dragged on and on, so Friday received a very warm welcome. And also I love waking up to texts like this from sweet friends.
 
 
This weekend Taylor and I got to celebrate the wedding of two of our good friends. So Friday and Saturday were spent celebrating and dancing the night away with all of our favorite people.
Have I mentioned that weekends are my fave?
 







SUCH A FUN NIGHT. The rainy weather today inspired me to sleep in, and then reward myself for sleeping in with an hour long nap.  The only thing that could motivate me to crawl out of my bed was a trip to Target.

#MISSIONACCOMPLISHED


I kinda sorta love being in my kitchen now that I have all of the fancy cooking things (thank you wedding showers!) so this evening I spent a few hours whipping together a couple things for this week. I don't always use Sunday as a designated "food prep day" but I almost always end up in the kitchen doing something, and this week I stumbled across two delicious looking recipes by Melanie over at Nutritious Eats. The first I decided to tackle was this crustless quiche. I had everything on hand but ham, so I just subbed in a little turkey bacon. I'm stoked to have this on hand to heat up for quick breakfasts this week!



 
Y'all, they are INCREDIBLE. It took all the willpower in the world not to  shove them all in my mouth at once. They are deliciously sweet, and crazy simple to throw together, and will do a great job of giving me my chocolate fix without me having to rip into a giant bag of fun size Kit Kat bars.
 
Last weekend, Taylor and I made the best Trader Joe's run of all time. And in approximately one dozen days, we'll be popping those corks!


Bring it Monday!
 
LOVE&HUGS,
 
Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...