Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'm the strongest person I know.

Technically this is a weekend recap, but I actually have like 900 things to tell you and it's comin' at ya in no particular order whatsoever so READY LET'S GO!

After the 5k Thursday night, I took Friday off so that I could spend a little time with my friend Alli (featured in my Katy Trail 5k photo dump post). We slept in till about 8:30, treated ourselves to massages (AMAZING) and then to an incredible breakfast at Another Broken Egg Cafe.

I would now like to introduce you to the most incredible invention of all time that also happens to be the only thing I have ever ordered off this menu....THE BACADO OMELETTE. 


The bacado omelette is filled (stuffed full really) with bacon, pepper jack cheese, a TON of avocado, and served with a side of yummy salsa. I just about died. The omelette is massive so Alli and I split it and ordered an extra english muffin and potatoes to round out our breakfast. It was really just the most delicious thing ever and writing about it right now is only making really upset and disappointed thinking about the boring breakfasts I will have to endure until I return to Another Broken Egg again. I really don't know how I will survive. Good thing I'm not dramatic. 

That afternoon Taylor and I headed to Stephenville for our friend Andy's graduation. Taylor and Andy grew up just a couple houses down from each other and have been BFFs for approximately one million years. He is basically really awesome and I love him a ton. Friday night we had dinner with his family and then went back to his house to celebrate. 




After a verrry fun and celebratory Friday night,we woke up bright and early Saturday morning for graduation.



After graduation, we headed back to Andy's house for a little graduation lunch/cookout with his family (aka my favorite people in the entire world). I didn't take a picture of my lunch but I can tell you it consisted of about 17 hot dogs and nearly an entire bag of potato chips and french onion dip. And no vegetables. But I did eat a chocolate covered strawberry. As you can imagine, my nutritious lunch led to an intense food coma. So after an amazing little nap, Taylor and I headed out and onto our next stop...


Ooops. I have no idea how this picture got in there. That is most certainly NOT my chocolate xtreme blizzard. I mean I don't even like chocolate. Okay fine I'm lying. But you pass approximately 72 Dairy Queens on the way back from Stephenville to Fort Worth and if that's not a sign then I don't know what is. 

Anyways, off we went to dinner with one of Taylor's old college roommates (Brian) and his family (who also happen to be my boss and coworker. It's complicated, just try to keep up.) I don't know why I didn't snap a picture of dinner. But it was kindove amazing and since there are no pictures, you're just going to have to take my word for it. However I did get a picture of Taylor trying to dig a dog bone out from under the couch. The puppies were only trying to help. 


After all the fun Saturday, I passed out hard that night and woke up this morning ready for the first weekend run of my Jalapeno Half training plan


Sportin my new gear AKA what may be the most comfortable race t-shirt EVERR. 

 

This was a great easy run that also gave me a rude awakening back into running outside. It was about 67 degrees for this run and I was covered in sweat by the time I finished. I don't know how I'm going to survive summer without melting into a puddle. Anyways, I didn't really have a plan for my run, but it ended up being an almost perfect progression run. I started off with about a 9:20 pace and ended on an 8:40. Aside from being hot, it was great!

After I got back from my run this morning, I hopped in the shower and got ready to head home for Mother's Day lunch. 

LOVE my mom!
All the lovely "moms" in my life!
Oh and PS I win daughter of the year for best mother's day gift EVER. 


After partying with all the moms I had to head back to reality because I haven't grocery shopped or done laundry in approximately 2 weeks. Adult FAIL.


But then I redeemed myself. I'm sure you are wondering why I titled this post "I'm the strongest person I know" when we are all perfectly aware of my thoughts on strength training and heavy lifting in general (EFF it I say). The reason is....

LOOK WHAT I FOUND AT TARGET TONIGHT!


Y'all I nearly peed myself. 


I spent a good 45 minutes in the frozen goods aisle just staring...then opening the door...then closing the door...then walking away...then walking back. Repeat 17 times. But in the end, I did not buy the ice cream. I did buy all this grown up crap though. 


I have never exercised so much self control in my life. See that y'all? GROWTH. Well, does it still count as growth if I plan on going back and getting it tomorrow? No? Oh well. 

LOVE&HUGS,

Nat

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that ice cream sounds delicious! I hate when I forget a bobby pin or have a crappy hair tie. seriously, that would suck, I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...