Tuesday, May 13, 2014

That Tuesday I didn't get murdered.

Finding a new running buddy on Facebook and agreeing to meet for the first time in a dark empty parking lot at 530am probably wouldn’t work out for most people, but luckily it worked out for me.


We met at the butt crack of dawn (AKA, my favorite time of the day) for my first ever track workout. (This is the part where you are simultaneously shocked and impressed by that fact. I'll pause for reaction.) We both got out of our cars and breathed a slightly audible/massive sigh of relief after realizing neither of us was a serial killer who preys on young and sleepy runners. #WHEW


No serial killing today! However, she did nearly kill me VIA making me run harder than I have since Cowtown. We did a 1.5 mile warmup, 8x200m with a 100m recovery jogs, followed up by a 1.5 mile cool down.


Remember back when I used to be fasterish? BLEH. What happened to those days?

Being done with a workout by 6:15am is the second greatest feeling in the world. (The first greatest feeling in the world is that moment at the end of the day when you hop in your bed and get completely lost in the sheets, obviously.)


And then I made a protein shake. 


I kicked myself afterwards because I meant to throw in some chocolate chips to make it extra scrumptious and surprising, but I forgot. FAILURE ON A DEEP PERSONAL LEVEL. You know I like to make all the things as chocolatey as humanly possible. I let myself down on that one. But I made up for it later.


I have a personal goal of being so outrageously thin and beautiful that I am one day mistaken for Keira Knightley on the red carpet. Shit like this is not helping me to achieve that goal.

Seriously though, the resemblance is UNCANNY.


Yep. This is the way my face is. I’m too tired right now to give a shit about how embarrassing that should be.

Also, if they don’t tell us what happened soon I’m going to start freaking out. 


I’m serious. I’M GOING TO FREAK OUT. I NEED ANSWERS!

I don’t know why this week has been so hard. WHY. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?? LAST week was hard. This week was supposed to be EASY. A new week. You know, rays of sunshine and positivity shooting out of everything’s ass? But nope. Not yet, I’m still waiting for it.


So, if you need me, I will be right here. STILL waiting.

LOVE&HUGS,

1 comment:

  1. These posts give meaning to my day :) thanks for the laughs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...