Monday, July 4, 2011

Monday Movie Wanna-See

Some people hate to admit it. But I'm not one of those people. I am addicted to anything media. Maybe it's because I'm a girl. Maybe it's because of the American culture. Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a sucker for entertainment. Whatever. I love movies. I ADORE them. So here's your Monday Movie Wanna-See :)

Ever since I saw One Day at Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago, I put this book on my to-read list. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't read it- yet. But I'm putting in an Amazon order tonight so hopefully in the near future that won't be the case. 

If you're interested, here's the quick back of the book summary: "This episodic story takes place during a single day each year for two decades in the lives of Dex and Em. Dexter, the louche public school boy, and Emma, the brainy Yorkshire lass, meet the day they graduate from university in 1988 and run circles around one another for the next 20 years. Dex becomes a TV presenter whose life of sex, booze, and drugs spins out of control, while Em dully slogs her way through awful jobs before becoming the author of young adult books. They each take other lovers and spouses, but they cannot really live without each other."

Sounds pretty good, right? Let me just say this. This trailer is adorable. I love Jim Sturgess (Thank you, Across the Universe) and I adore Anne Hathaway (Thank you, Princess Diaries and Love & Other Drugs). The only thing I'm not sure I'm on board with is Anne Hathaway's British accent. I mean, I just don't know if I buy it. But we'll see. 

I've heard conflicting release date info, (some in July and some in August) and I'm not a good enough "googler" to figure out which is accurate. I'm hoping to high heaven that it's July, and SOON! But check back once I've seen it for a wanna-be movie critic post!


Hugs, 

Nat

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...