Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday's Top Ten: Songs I Can't Get Out of My Head

What? It's not Tuesday anymore?? Oh well. Is it my fault that by the time I get around to thinking about Tuesday it's already passed? I think not. Also P.S. I make no promises to be entertaining cause I'm freakin' worn out today so just deal.



I'm not one of those people who can say "Music is my life blah-dy blah-dy." Yes, I listen to music everytime I'm in the car, and sometimes when I'm on the computer. But if we're being honest, when I'm hanging around the house, or getting ready in the morning, I'm ten times more likely to pop in season 7 of my Friends DVD collection that power up old Itunes. I mean, I do love music, but it's certainly not my life. I've got decent taste, but this week's Top Ten list is certainly not meant to wow you with my stunning musical selection skills.  This week I have just been getting so into some of my old favorites, and have been introduced to some awesome new ones. So I thought I'd share. (P.S. I've taken it upon myself to make every song title a link to a YouTube video for your listening/viewing pleasure. You can thank me later, in the form of chocolates and flowers and twenty dollar bills.)

{TOP TEN SONGS I CAN'T GET OUT OF MY HEAD}

1. Here's to You by Brooke Fraser
  • I literally feel like this song is my life anthem right now. Allison just gave me a CD with a bunch of random crap on it and this just speaks to me. 
2. Barefoot Blue Jean Night by Jake Owen
  • Thanks soul-sister for bringing this into my life. This song literally makes me want to be twenty-one and carefree for the rest of my life. Seriously, I wish. If it's possible for a song to make you never wanna grow up this is the one to do it. (But sidenote: if you don't like country then you're S.O.L. and it may not do the trick.) Also his voice is way sexy and it makes me wanna smooch him. 
3. Son's Gonna Rise by Citizen Cope
  • I know this song is so high school and so One Tree Hill era but it's still straight awesomeness. 
4. Oklahoma Breakdown by Stoney LaRue
  • This song makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, because the first time I ever heard it was the summer of 2009. I'd just finished up my first semester at Howard Payne and Taylor and I went on a road trip to Florida with our awesome friend Brian and his girlfriend. One night after we'd been wandering around on the beach we all somehow ended up in this cute park in Pensacola with an adorable gazebo and spent the rest of the night trying to teach yours truly how to two-step. This song played on repeat about a dozen times. I'm still a terrible dancer, but this song just takes me back to that amazing week on the beach. 

5. MakeDamnSure by Taking Back Sunday
  • No, I lied. This is so high school. And I love it. If you didn't love Taking Back Sunday then you definitely weren't cool. And probably still aren't. Just sayin'. Also, I feel like a rockstar when this comes on. 

6. Hotel California by The Eagles
  • I swear to you this song has been on the radio every time I get in the car and I love it. My mom did a really bad-ass job of ensuring that music from the eighties really stuck with me. She was always obsessed with Don Henley (Uhh, hello Dirty Laundry anyone??!) I remember one time we went to the store and came home with a video recording of the entire Hell Freezes Over reunion concert. I cannot count the times that I sat on our grungy brown carpet singing Tequila Sunrise  and just thinking it had to be the best thing I'd ever heard. Turns out, I was right. Still. Cool. "For the record. We never broke up, we just took a fourteen year vacation." Classic.
7. Born for This by Paramore
  • Have you ever heard a song that just made you go "WHOA." Well I never really quite got over Paramore. This CD never leaves my car and will never get old. I'm like 96% sure this is the song that was on the radio when I got in my wreck in December. That wasn't really relevant but yes I shared anyways because I go above and beyond. 
8. You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates
  • Hahahahaha, you know this song is totally gonna be stuck in your head all week. You're welcome
9. She's Like Texas by Josh Abbott Band
  • I've never met anyone who doesn't like this song. If you don't then don't bother introducing yourself to  me. It makes everything about being from Texas seem really special and awesome, which is half fantasy/half reality. 
10. Love is Free by Sheryl Crow
  • Whatever. If you say you don't like Sheryl Crow we will all know you're lying so don't even bother. She's awesome and so is this song. 

I'm realizing more and more as this whole blogging thing progresses that I seem to be more of a Tuesday/Wednesday blogger. My bad. Perhaps this week I will venture out into the unknown of Thursday. Hmm...we'll see.

Hugs,

Nat

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...