Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey is Delicious

Thanksgiving is awesome. Can I get an amen?

Since I spent Wednesday night with my friend Alli, we woke up on Thanksgiving morning prepared to tackle an early six mile run/bike before meeting up with our families. But just as we were about to head out she noticed that her bike tires were pretty much completely flat. Such a bummer. So I headed out for a solo run around White Rock Lake. Y'all. It was AMAZING. So incredibly gorgeous you cannot even begin to understand. I headed out just before 8am, so it was a crisp/perfect running temp of about 55 degrees.


Please, let's talk about how hard it is
to simultaneously run and take a picture.
Without falling.

So so so so so gorgeous.
Even though the view was INCREDIBLE, I think my favorite part about running White Rock Lake was how many people there were. It was such a diverse community of runners/walkers/bikers, just so many people. It kept me so entertained and encouraged and just mentally strong. Which was necessary, because at mile four I tackled a massive never ending hill that I thought would surely be the death of me. Spoiler alert, it wasn't. The whole run was just so freakin' refreshing and just the best way to start off my Thanksgiving morning.


After the run, I headed back to Alli's apartment where it was unanimously decided that we were definitely going to need some Starbucks to prep ourselves for a successful Thanksgiving. 

Decisions decisions.


 After jump-starting my metabolism with all the Starbucks treats, it was time to head over to the family Thanksgiving lunch. (Warning: Excessive amount of pictures to follow. Prepare yourself.)

I'm smiling, but my eyes are saying TURKEY NOW.

Mom and Stepdad!
 
Oh glorious day.

Little brother. He is huge.
And so much cooler than me. 

Waiting for lunch/watching the Friends
Thanksgiving episode marathon. It's what we do. 
OMG-OMG-OMG-OMG. YUM.
 
Favorite Thanksgiving dessert of all time.
Pumpkin pie and LOTS OF IT.
After our family lunch I headed back to Fort Worth to hang out with my Tater and his family. All in all, a VERY successful Thanksgiving. Except for now I am hungry. And I would like some pumpkin pie.

I have three more days of weekend happenings to blog on but my four day weekend has absolutely exhausted me, so I'm saving that for tomorrow.

What's your favorite Starbucks treat?
-I really never have Starbucks (I'm not a coffee drinker), but Thanksgiving was so festive that it felt totally necessary. Peppermint Mochas are my go-to drink when I decide to indulge.

LOVE&HUGS,

Nat

6 comments:

  1. You are adorable! Love the pictures. :D

    That view is beaaautiful. I'd love to have that around me when I'm outside running..instead of houses after houses. haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?! If I woke up to that I'd never have an excuse not to run, beats running on the treadmill by a million!

      Delete
  2. such a cute dress and i'm glad u guys had a wonderful turkey day and the food looks super yummy!! but of COURSE a little pre-game food order was called for, i'll take any kind of sweet treat...hehe. i'm sorry ur friend's bike was flat BUT neat that u had lots of other company on ur running route. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, all those people on the trails made such a difference!

      Delete
  3. I love Starbucks Pumpkin Scones!! Unfortunately my waste line doesn't ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya on that one! The starbucks we went to had the biggest pastry selection I've EVER seen! So tempting to just order one of everything.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...