Thursday, March 14, 2013

Avert your eyes.

In honor of #TBT (Throwback Thursday for those of you who have been living under a rock and have no idea what #TBT means)....

Welcome to my adolescence. 
The one good thing about being such an unfortunate looking child is that there is a really good chance I won't have to worry about beating the boys away from my teenage daughter. Oh my gosh I'm totally kidding, that's not even funny. I believe in  karma, so I do lots of nice things for people in hopes that God will see my good deeds, have mercy upon me, and give me kids that are way prettier than I ever was. 

If that picture didn't scare you away and you are still reading, thanks and you are a really good person.

So yesterday was a pretty bad day. It was pretty much doomed from the start and here is why. I got to work at 7:45 and since it had been like ten minutes since I'd had breakfast, naturally I was starving. So I went to open my snack drawer when...

HOLY SH!T SOMETHING IS MISSING!!
Wanna know what's in that Nature Valley box?
MORE M&M's. It's a decoy for thieves. Tricked ya.
There is a HUGE gaping hole where my WHEAT THINS SHOULD BE!!!!!!! I started to freak out until I remembered that I'd finished them off in a blind and starving rage the day before...ooops. 
Wednesday me was pissed at Tuesday me. Anyways, wheat thins, I miss you. So I had to settle for chi-yo.

chia seeds + yogurt = chi-yo. Seriously, I'm so clever.
(Sometimes I like to pretend that I live in a world full of people who are dying to know what I'm having for lunch. Here's the part where I talk about more than what I've been eating. Starting NOW.)

In the midst of my crap day, I got on instagram and was reminded of why I am so in love with Ellen.

Just try not laughing. Try it, I dare you.

Roommate and I are new running buddies. We went on a fun five mile run on Tuesday where I talked and talked and then looked up and holy crap we were done. Um, that's awesome. Tonight we continued the tradition with what we are now calling "Run & Grub." It works like this: you get off work, go for a run, and then go to happy hour. It's super trendy right now. Also it provides you lovely people with super hilarious and entertaining pictures:

Step 1: RUN.

Running pictures are always super hott.
Also do you see roomie back there? She's cute.
STEP 2: EAT.



I set out to run 6 days this week, and I can say that I have successfully accomplished 5/6 of that goal. I'm learning a crap ton about my body in the process though. Like maybe possibly I'm just the type of person that should only run every other day...

Shin pain, go away, come again NEVER and also suck it.
Sorry I'm not wearing any pants.
My shins were a teeny tiny bit sore after speedwork yesterday, but the second I finished tonight's run they were KILLING me. I don't know why because it wasn't a hard or fast run sooooo let's cross our fingers that goes away quick, k? Tomorrow is easy elliptical day (aka do something physical to justify drinking wine all night long) so hopefully that will give me the rest I need before Saturday's long run. 

Is everyone ready for Friday? I was ready for Friday on Monday. This week has chewed me up and spit me out and then run me over with its car. Here's to Friday!

LOVE&HUGS,

Nat








 




1 comment:

  1. I cannot run everyday either... it kills me and makes me not enjoy it as much. Run & Grub.. something I need to incorporate into my week :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...