Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A delicious dinner and the song that never gets old


I have so much good news tonight that I hardly know where to start. But food seems like an obvious first choice.

Dinner was GREAT. I know this is a terrible picture, but my romantic dining room lighting isn't really conducive to fine food photography. Also I was distracted by the deliciousness and my hunger sooooo that's why my plate is halfway finished. Oops.


I LOVED that dinner. From start to finish the entire thing took about 10 minutes. That is my kind of dinner. All I had to do was boil up some fettuccine, cook the shrimp on the skillet with a little bit of olive oil, and then dump the sauce in the skillet with the shrimp until bubbly. I literally threw that on top of the pasta and served it with some green beans and WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'M. Gourmet baby. 

After you've had such a scrumptious dinner, it seems almost like blasphemous not to follow it up with an equally as scrumptious dessert. Taylor is sweet and treated the roommate and I to fro-yo. I'm ashamed and also a little proud to say mine was the biggest and had the most toppings which really just means that I'm the best. 


Creating the perfect blend of fro-yo toppings is a skill that I have definitely mastered. 
No. 
DOMINATED. 
I cannot eat fro-yo without strawberries, lots of chocolate, and some type of crunch. Tonight it was granola. YUM.

Anyways. 
Tonight Taylor agreed that in order to continue fulfilling his destiny of making me happy no matter what the cost, he would quit his job to focus full-time on building me this perfect Pinterest dream house. Really. He shook on it. 


So, I'm pretty excited about that. 

A couple of weeks ago, I downloaded Spotify on my computer at work and it was the BEST IDEA EVER. I can listen to literally any song I feel like listening to. I almost don't know what to do with all this musical freedom. It is a little overwhelming. Lately I can't get enough of:


OH-SO-GOOD. I love love love love love love this album. After listening to it on repeat for days and days and days, I've decided that Piano Man is the song that will never get old. EVER. Seriously, is it not the best song ever?? EVER!?!! Okay. You probably catch my drift by now. But if you don't raise your glass and bust out in song and dance every time you hear this song, I probably don't want to be your friend. Just sayin'. 

Because this post has been nothing but happy thoughts, I do have to bring it back down to earth with something that really pissed me off...


Okay, you may not be able to tell, but the bottom right spot, where there is supposed  to be a piece of gum, is EMPTY AND REPLACED WITH TWO LITTLE CRESCENT LIKE SHAPES OF NOTHINGNESS.  What is the meaning of this????!!!! How on earth can you claim to be giving me 50% more when you are jacking a random piece of gum and replacing it with NOTHING?!!!! What the hell Eclipse?

Ugh. The angry consumer letter goes out tomorrow. 

Tonight's workout was a quick half hour of cross training on the elliptical. That resistance on that thing is kicking my butt, my legs feel the burn the entire time. Apparently feeling the burn is good for you. All I know is that it gives me time to watch HIMYM on my phone. But I'm ready for a run tomorrow!

What's the song you could listen to on repeat for the rest of your life and never get sick of?

Favorite fro-yo topping?

LOVE&HUGS,

Nat



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...